It all began in 1902, the C.C.C. and St. Louis Railroads built a freight house at the corner of Gilbert & Williams in Danville, Illinois.
For the next 6 decades, thousands of shipments of freight and for a brief time, even passengers journeyed to far away places from this “Big 4” departure point. In 1963, a chapter of local railroading history closed when the old paving block building was torn down.
The ending of one era allowed the beginning of another when in 1972, Jocko’s was built at the old site. From the very beginning, Jocko’s has attempted to retain the spirit and authenticity of Danville’s railroading heritage throughout our building. The noise and activity of the old freight house are no longer with us, but each time a train passes, it brings to mind images of how it once was.
June 1 - June 26, 2020